Take a few minutes to catch up on the latest news coming from Medical Relief International.
Dear Friends of Medical Relief International,
Many of you know the headquarters for MRI was moved to our home in Yakima. This has been a blessing in so many ways, and we are thrilled with the change.
Barikiwa Health Center now has:
- Medical/Dental Clinic and security house with armed guards
- Outside restrooms
- A small building for lab operations
- We are half way through the construction of the surgery theater. To complete the project, we will need about $50,000
- We are able to receive government money for those in country with government health insurance, which has helped the clinic become sustainable!
What a blessing to see this wonderful dream fulfilled!
We had to shut down short term trips last year, just one month before we were to leave for Guatemala. By faith, we are planning another mission to Guatemala June 6-14, and this is open to all who wish to serve. The trip consists of a 17 hour drive from Guatemala City in 4x4s to the 8,000 ft. mountains to serve the Mayan Indians. The first week will be dental, and second week medical. Accommodations are clean and safe.
- Of course, our heart remains in the Philippines and we would love to return to Romblon.
- We would also love to be in Tanzania in 2020 to dedicate the surgical theater.
Finances are always needed, as we continue to update our equipment and purchase more supplies. The cost of the Guatemala trip will be approximately $2,000, or a little over.
Blessings to you in 2021!
Bill Mays, President
3 N 78th Avenue
Yakima, WA 98908